A Word from our Sponsors

Friday, December 14, 2007

"Africa" deserves a better music video


I was just kind of doing whatever in my late-night surfing and thinking of one of my favorite songs in the whole world, "Africa" by Toto. Since downloading is illegal again in College Park (thanks RIAA; this is really going to make me buy CDs), I hopped on YouTube and did a quick search. Unfortunately, this is what I found:



Yes, that is the actual music video. I'm pretty sure that this is the biggest music-to-video quality discrepancy I've ever seen, and the band is lucky that music videos didn't make or break you in 1982. Honestly, is that the best they could do?

I mean, even this "Hold the Line" music video is decent enough:



Couldn't they at least get to that level?

This is an appeal to the world. I want a better music video for that song. If one of you readers has the means or resources or time to make one, please do. I have several ideas for a new video, including but by no means limited to:

- An air-instrument band rendition

- Anything involving Derrick Comedy

- Some kind of tribute to Jack Bauer

- The OutKast version

- Splicing the music with a krump video

I hope some kind-hearted soul out there has the technology and the willpower. C'mon, I have finals.

No comments: